DRINKWELL PLATINUM FOUNTAIN
filters and aerates continuously moving water to keep it much fresher
than standing bowl water. It satisfies the urge for running water and so
helps eliminate jumping on counters in search of dripping faucets.
Even cats who don't jump on
counters to drink from faucets may drink more water using the Fountain.
Why is this important? As the veterinarian who created the Fountain for
her own cats knows, many cats may not drink as much water as they
should. This is one reason the urine becomes so concentrated and
predisposes some cats to urinary tract disease. Cats with urinary tract
or kidney disease have a critical need for water to support kidney
function or prevent crystal formation and obstruction.
is veterinarian designed and recommended by vet urinary specialists. It
encourages water intake and proper hydration in healthy cats, and is
especially beneficial in cats with kidney or urinary tract disease. AND
it discourages jumping on counters in search of dripping faucets!
Following the success of the original Drinkwell Pet Fountain, and Big-Dog Drinkwell, the Drinkwell Platinum
is perfect for multi-cat households or small to medium dogs. Pets are
naturally attracted to running water, as they instinctively know it is
cooler and fresher than standing water. The Drinkwell Fountains
continually circulates water, encouraging proper hydration by attracting
pets to drink more, thereby reducing the risk of urinary tract
infection and kidney disease. The falling stream aerates the water more
effectively, while a pre-filter removes large particles, and a
three-layer charcoal filter removes smaller impurities. The result is
fresher tasting water that is constantly circulated and returned to the
dish in a gentle cascade.
The soft, adjustable flow won't startle cats PLUS this
fountain has the quietest pump available for hushed operation. Because
some pets like to drink from a stream of water rather than a bowl, the
spout is elevated over 8" from the floor, providing easy access to
either the waterfall or the bowl. Unlike small bowls, this fountain
comes with a large reservoir that makes the capacity of the fountain
over one gallon, allowing for longer periods between refills, or
supplying enough water for a multiple cat household. Easy to clean, the
bowl and reservoir are dishwasher-safe, and the unit plugs into AC.
Originally invented by an American vet for cats with lower urinary track
disease, the Drinkwell concept has grown now benefiting cats and all
sizes of dogs!
- Completely dismantles for cleaning
- Recommended by Vet Urinary Specialist
- One-year manufacturer warranty
- Adjustable flow rate
- Holds over a gallon and a quarter (178 fluid ounces) of water in a built-in additional capacity reservoir and is compact.
- Motor is fully submerged making it extremely quiet.
- Motor is easily accessible and easy to remove for cleaning.
- Continuously circulates water through a carbon filter keeping it aerated and chilled.
- Changeable filter removes food particles, hair, chlorine, bad tastes and odors.
- Uses the same replacement filters as the other fountains in the range.
- Stylish addition to any home.
- Patented free falling stream adds more oxygen to the drinking water, maintaining freshness.
- Snap on lid
- Rubber feet to prevent slippage.
- Improves your pet's health and the quality of your pet's life
- Reduces Urinary diseases in cats
- Provides pets with an enjoyable "falling stream" of water with the patented free falling system
- Includes 1 carbon filter